Sunday, October 3, 2010

What Do People Remember You By?

What do people remember you by? Some might say that people only remember the mistakes made by a person, and the amount of good deeds done by them is negligible. For example, who is going to look back on George Bush and remember that it was he who kept America safe after 9/11, and caused the U.S. not to get attacked again by terrorists? I think most people will see it as a failed presidency. Even as I search for a picture of George Bush to add to this article, I am having a hard time finding a picture that doesn't mock him. I'm not arguing that it was a successful presidency, but what he did was very positive for our nation with airport security.
In another scenario, while I was talking to my grandmother about her job as a teacher, she told me that when she sees students that she has previously taught, she always remembers the ones who misbehaved, and not the good kids. Seeing myself as one of the "good kids," this came as quite a shock to me. Being a good kid was something that I thought should be memorable enough, but apparently not.
Having said this, what do you think makes someone memorable?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about George W. Bush. I think that even though his term was not the greatest, he kept our coutry's security in mind (airport security). To me what makes someone memorable is what they leave you with. Friends of mine think it's better to leave someone without a sour taste in their mouth.No one wants to be remembered for the bad they've done, but I find it really interesting that your grandmother remembers the kids that misbehaved. To me, I believe people remember you by the way you make them feel. You wouldn't think so, but the impression you leave on someone can sometimes last a long time.

    ReplyDelete