Monday, January 17, 2011

Meta-Post 2

This quarter, most of my blogs have been conceived off of independent thoughts and experiences outside of the class room. Only my entry The New "Huckleberry Finn" Eliminates the "N"-Word was based off of discussion in class. I think that is one area that I could improve on for next semester. Also, some of my other entries are a little short, like Musical Stereotypes and Rich vs. Poor. I think short entries can still spark thought among readers, but it is also important to do research on your idea to back it up in your entry. I realize that I had this problem last quarter, and now that I have been refreshed on it I plan to change it. Doing research and adding links can also attract readers outside of AS, and it would be exciting to see my blog being read by outsiders on the Internet. Some topics in my blog I believe have kind of shallow thought, like Advancing Technology and Musical Stereotypes, because they are not particularly discussing society or culture, but they are still interesting to read. Advancing Technology received three comments, which is the most amount of comments from the whole quarter. I have to be honest, blogging became less of a habit for me this quarter than it was in the previous quarter, and I found myself struggling this very morning making sure I had enough blogs. However, most of the blogs aren't rushed.
In my entry called Kissing the Chicken, I believe it was interesting enough of a topic to move forward in discussing it, but I left it up to the readers to come up with ideas for the ending question. This would be OK, except no one has responded yet. I would love for the video that is the topic of discussion to be analyzed more by my peers, but maybe I should have given a few more examples in the entry.
I think my best post this quarter has been "How to Trick People into Thinking You're Good-looking"... really society? because it poses an interesting question at the end after a whole entry of taking one side. It turns the tables a little bit. Also, I think it's particularly appealing to high school students because many highschoolers worry about their image too much, and the post and video deal with that a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment